Soap and water will also help keep your silver looking good. Remember not to dry silver off with anything but a soft cloth. Avoid paper towel or tissue.
2. Store your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth in an anti-tarnish bag. If you don't have an anti-tarnish bag, small zip-loc style bags work well. Also, store your jewelry away from bright lights/heat.
TIP: Wrap a piece of activated charcoal purchased from your pet store, in a cloth and keep it with your jewelry to reduce tarnish.
3. Never immerse your silver jewelry in chlorine, salt water, mineral springs or suntan lotion. (Remember, some household cleaners contain chlorine bleach!) These will cause discoloration. Even this extreme form of tarnishing is only on the surface; it can be very difficult (and time consuming) to get it off.
4. We do not recommend using the dip cleaners.
5. Never use abrasive cleaners or dips on silver chains marked "Italy", as these usually have an anti-tarnish coating called Rhodium, which can be damaged by abrasive cleaners, or dips.
6. If your jewelry contains gemstones or pearls, do not immerse in water, as this can loosen some settings. Never use dips or abrasives on gemstones.
7. Just remember, Silver is the most reflective metal, and enjoys a high polish! It is also an extremely soft metal, and may scratch or dent easily. Some find this patina is part of the allure of Silver!
Enjoy your jewelry!
Free Standard Shipping On Orders $50+ Free Express Shipping On Orders $100+